The Facilities Management Department has developed an energy management program designed to conserve and promote the cost effective use of energy. Short- and long-term energy plans include:
- system design and modification
- analysis of building operational profiles
- maintenance recommendations and procedures
Everyone is encouraged to conserve energy by:
- turning off lights when areas are unoccupied or where there is sufficient natural light
- regulating thermostats to provide 68 degrees in winter and 75 degrees in summer
- closing stairwell doors and fire doors.
All modifications, alterations and connections to utility systems must be performed by, or under the direction of, the Facilities Management Department. This requirement applies to all utilities at the University, including gas, chilled and heated water, compressed air, and condensate lines.
For additional information, please contact:
Department of Facilities Management
Klapper Fine Arts Building
P.O. Box 701
Garden City, NY 11530-0701
p - 516.877.3970
f - 516.877.3991
This page was last modified on July 3, 2014.