Employer Assisted Housing Program (EAHP)
Adelphi University is pleased to join forces with the Long Island Home Works Partnership to offer full-time employees (who meet program qualifications) up to $37,000 in downpayment assistance and $35,000 for repairs to help buy their first home. The additional funds are a combination of funds from Nassau County, New York State, and Adelphi University.
The employer contribution from Adelphi University is $10,000 which is taxable to the employee. The taxes will be withheld from the employee's pay check over several months.
ELIGIBILITY: An applicant must:
- Purchase a pre-existing single family house, co-op, or condominium within Nassau County or Suffolk County which appraises at or lower than guideline requirements;
- Occupy the property as a Principal Residence;
- Have an annual income meeting the income guidelines as described in the program overview;
- Have not owned a home in the prior 3 years;
- Be a full-time employee in good standing; and
- Meet other program guidelines as defined by funding sources.
To determine eligibility, employees must download and complete the Eligibility Verification Form. Once eligibility has been determined, the program application will be sent to the employee by the Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc. A full description of the program is available at Nassau EAHP 2011 - 2012 Highlites or Suffolk EAHP 2011 - 2012 Highlites. The Long Island Home Works Partnership website is www.lihp.org/.