It is University's goal to provide educational opportunities for our employees. Tuition remission for course work taken by the employee and spouse or same-dex domestic partner (for non-union, and some union employees -- see applicable CBA) is available beginning the first complete semester after an employee begins work.
Union represented employees are eligible to the extent indicated in the appropriate provisions of their collective bargaining agreements.
Tuition remission for full-time non-union employees is available for:
- An employee's dependent children and same-sex domestic partnerís dependent children (for eligible employees) for the semester after one year of employment.
- Full-time employees are eligible for tuition remission for two undergraduate or two graduate courses each semester for themselves.
- Spouses or same-sex domestic partners (of eligible employees) of fulltime employees are entitled to two undergraduate or three graduate courses per semester.
- Dependent children of full-time employees or their same-sex domestic partner are eligible for full undergraduate tuition remission for the completion of their first baccalaureate degree (whether previously conferred from Adelphi or another institution).
- Part-time employees are eligible for tuition remission for two courses per family per semester: one for the employee; one for the spouse or samesex domestic partner or up to two courses for dependent children if the employee and/or spouse are not enrolled in any course for that semester.
- Coaches and assistant coaches are eligible for a maximum of four courses per academic year with no more than two courses per semester.
- Tuition Remission cannot be used for independent study or study abroad.
If the Tuition Remission is for yourself (the employee), your supervisor will receive an email notifying them of your tuition remission. Supervisors will not receive emails when the Tuition Remission is for any of your dependents.
When an employee terminates employment for any reason (except layoff) from Adelphi during a semester (or cycle) in which he/she, their spouse, same sex domestic partner, child, or child of same sex domestic partner, has tuition remission, he/she will be billed for a prorated portion of the tuition charge. For example, if you (a spouse, same sex domestic partner, or child) have tuition remission for six credits in the Fall semester with a tuition remission of $1,200 and you leave Adelphi on the 28TH day of a 105 day semester, you will be billed 73.4% of $1,200 or 881.
The deadline to submit the online Tuition Remission form is the last day to drop a course for the applicable semester.
In order to submit a request for tuition remission, you must log in to eCampus, click on the SASS icon (orange colored with IT in the icon) within SERVICES, then click on Tuition Remission Form.
In order to submit the form, you must:
- Select the semester you are requesting remission for - Fall, Spring. A separate form is required for each semester for each student and must be submitted by the drop date for the applicable semester. Intersession classes must be submitted as Spring semester.
- If selecting tuition remission for Summer, then you must indicate which session by clicking the appropriate radio button.
- Select who (yourself, your spouse, domestic partner (if eligible) or dependent children) is taking classes from the drop down menu. If your spouse, domestic partner (if eligible) or dependent children are not listed, you must contact the Office of Human Resources at extension 3220 to add them to our system.
- Indicate whether the student has an undergraduate (Bachelorís) degree. Dependent children are only eligible to receive tuition remission if they do not have a previous undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree.
- If the tuition remission is for a non-faculty employee, please indicate if the courses to be taken meet during your normal work hours. If so, written approval from me is required for EVERY semester this is applicable.
- Read the form in its entirety to verify that the information submitted on the form is complete and accurate.
- Click submit
We are excited to automate this process and welcome any questions you may have! If you have any questions about the procedure please contact Jane Fisher at extension 3222.