The mission of the Office of Research, Assessment and Planning (ORAP) is to provide timely and accurate information and analysis to support assessment, planning, and decision-making at the University. The Office also serves as the official reporting source of University data, responding to requests from internal and external constituencies for information and statistics about the institution.
Within the stated mission the goals of ORAP are:
- Provide consistent and reliable data, statistics and reports for internal and external consumption
- Support the University planning process with evaluation and assessment activities
- Disseminate research findings and data to the wider University community for the purposes of strategic assessment and planning
- Perform analytical research on a range of educational issues including retention, course evaluation and general education
- Conduct in-depth survey research and analysis to assess institutional progress and performance
- Coordinate and collect data required for federal and state reporting, accrediting agencies , and external organizations
- Develop and maintain an ongoing research agenda to inform recurring decision needs of the institution.
- Perform additional research and special studies that may become necessary to further the goals of the University.
For additional information, please contact:
The Office of Research, Assessment and Planning
P.O. BOX 701
Garden City, NY 11530-0701
p - 516.877.3233
f - 516.877.3237
This page was last modified on December 3, 2009.